The Louisiana Academy of Continuing Dental Education
The Louisiana Academy of Continuing Dental Education, Inc. (d/b/a: LSU Health New Orleans Continuing Dental Education) is a committee of dentists who share the following goals and objectives:
- To establish an organization to provide continuing dental education through an affiliation with the Louisiana State University School of Dentistry for the dentists of Louisiana as well as other dentists nationally and internationally.
- To motivate and assist young men and women in preparing, qualifying, and establishing themselves in the practice of dentistry.
- To develop, provide, and sponsor continuing dental education programs for dental practitioners and their auxiliary personnel, and to encourage and assist them in participating in such programs.
- To promote the science and art of dentistry for the betterment of dental health, to enhance the knowledge and skills of the dental practitioner by providing the intellectual stimulation that comes from a well-developed graduate education program, and to encourage dental research.
The very reason for our existence is you, the dental practitioner. By your participation, we continue to grow, expand, and better serve you. The Academy is pleased to offer financial support to the School of Dentistry by being self-supporting and a major contributor to the Dean's Faculty Development Fund, the Jack Rayson Simulation Laboratory, and, more recently, the upgrading of audiovisual equipment in the lecture halls of the school.
LSU Health New Orleans Continuing Dental Education
Located at LSU School of Dentistry
1100 Florida Avenue
Clinic Building, Fourth Floor, Room 4319
New Orleans, LA 70119-2799
Phone: (504) 941-8193 | Fax: (504) 941-8403 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (CST)
For driving directions to LSU Health New Orleans School of Dentistry and a campus parking map, click here.
John M. Barksdale, DDS
Michael T. Robichaux, DDS
Harry E. Goza, Jr., DDS
Charles A. Schof, Jr., DDS
Gary J. Blanchette, DDS
Bruce J. LeBlanc, DDS
Michael LeBlanc, Jr., DDS
Matthew George, DDS
Sean Owens, DDS
The views expressed in any course are those of the clinician and do not necessarily reflect the views of the LSU Health New Orleans School of Dentistry or LACDE. Selected courses may be sponsored in whole or in part by educational grants from commercial, private or institutional entities.
LSU Health New Orleans is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability.
LACDE, including any individual acting on behalf of the LACDE, will not engage in any of the following on LACDE's property, during any LACDE function, or otherwise using LACDE's resources or facilities:
- Endorsing any candidate for public office
- Donating or contributing to any candidate's campaign
- Participating or engaging in political fundraising events
- Publishing or distributing statements for or against any candidate
- Engaging in any activity that favors or opposes any candidate
New Knowledge Related to Dental Practice
Dental educational institutions have an obligation to disseminate new knowledge related to dental practice. In so doing, some presentations may include controversial materials or commercial references. Participants are cautioned about the potential risks of using limited knowledge when incorporating techniques and procedures into their practices, especially when the course has not provided them with supervised clinical experience in the technique or procedure to ensure that they have attained competence. Providership or partial providership of a continuing education course by the LSU Health New Orleans School of Dentistry does not necessarily imply endorsement of a particular philosophy, procedure, or product.
Continuing Dental Education Credit
CE credit awarded for participation in a course or activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It is the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirements of his/her state licensing board. Please refer to the Louisiana State Board of Dentistry (LSBD) website at www.LSBD.org or call 225-219-7330 for Louisiana dentist and hygienist mandatory CE credit requirements. For additional information, please see LAC 46LXXXIII Chapter 16 which may be found on the LSBD website here.
LSU Health New Orleans Continuing Dental Education is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at www.ada.org/CERP.
To receive the appropriate number of CE credits for a course, it is important to do the following:
- Participant must sign-in
- Complete the emailed Evaluation and Opinion Questionnaire
- Verification of Participation (VOP) Letters emailed to you within 2 weeks of the course